BOOM is...
a loud, deep, resonant sound
a movable arm over a DJ, carrying a mic
a period of great prosperity or rapid growth
Steve Shannon's BOOM BOOM room is ALL THAT! Let's talk about it.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From Boobs To Pecs To A Pumpkin Peel

So the 'man-boobless' part of Tuesday took another exciting turn while at Dr. Savic's office on Roxbury (Yes!  You should make an appointment!!  815-381-7005).  She introduces me to a rep from Dermaquest Skin Therapy and she asks if I'd like to lay down on the table behind me and get a Pumpkin Pulp Peel.  I have limited knowledge on the purpose of a peel, so I asked; "what will it do?"  The Dermaquest rep said, "it will reverse some signs of aging and it will tighten your skin."  "Heck Yeah... put it on my Man-boobs"; says the man with limited peel knowledge.  Let's just say my peel knowledge had an 'up-tick.'


20 minutes and 5 face products later I was out the door with a youthful face tighter than a snare drum and tits that are now pecs!  Start feeling sorry for my wife, Mary Beth, because I'm feeling "Lenny Kravitz/Brad Pitt" sexy and instead of 43 years old, I feel like one of Justin Bieber's classmates. She's not going to be home from work for 5 hours, which means I will have had a lot of time to stare at myself in the mirror.  By the way, do you know how many times you can flex your chest and stare at your face in the mirror in 5 hours?  I stopped counting when my daughter said; "you're not Lenny Kravitz", while I was singing in the mirror.


Sure she's right, but one day he may need a NEW drummer, and I need to be ready!!!  Here's Lenny's new single, Stand.




My Peel & Pec day was amazing until...........

No comments:

Post a Comment