BOOM is...
a loud, deep, resonant sound
a movable arm over a DJ, carrying a mic
a period of great prosperity or rapid growth
Steve Shannon's BOOM BOOM room is ALL THAT! Let's talk about it.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Food Rut

I'm going through one of those "lazy food" periods where I don't try many NEW things.  I don't know if it's 'I like these 5 or 6 things and that's it' or 'not enough time to try cooking something new' or a combination of both.  But here's what I'm diggin' right now:


Traditional rotisserie chicken (Walmart)
Ground chuck taco meat (with Goya Sazon low sodium spice)
Grilled sirloin
Egg whites
Black Beans
Baby spinach salad (I eat about 2 to 3 cups of this a day)
Kemps Light Lemon yogurt
Grapefruit
Fuji Apples


For the last 3 weeks I just keep rotating those foods.  And then every 10 days I have a Treat Day!!!


Dr. Savic gave me some food rules to follow to get this weight down and get rid of my Type 2 diabetes.  
1 slice of whole wheat bread per day a sweet potato every 3 days, pasta every 10 days and rice or pizza once a month.  Also, no more than 150 grams of carbs per 24hr. period.
These foods make it simple to follow these rules.  Most days I never have the bread and I haven't had pasta in over a month.


And I LOVE THESE... The Atkins Peanut Butter Cups!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment