BOOM is...
a loud, deep, resonant sound
a movable arm over a DJ, carrying a mic
a period of great prosperity or rapid growth
Steve Shannon's BOOM BOOM room is ALL THAT! Let's talk about it.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Small, Medium & Large

Did you celebrate your independence this weekend?  The diet and I needed some space, so I celebrated OUR independence... I missed her!!  Here's something I learned from my gluttony this weekend.  A plate of General Tso chicken can make you uncomfortable in your own skin.  Dr. Savic said that feeling like I wanted to explode is a sign that my stomach has shrunk and I won't be able to eat like that anymore.  Is that a breakthrough?  It sorta feels like one.  
Milk Duds On My Chest
Some other good news to report... I went to the pool twice this weekend and the 'milk duds' (my nipples) made an appearance.  For heavy guys who don't like the way their body looks, a shirt is ALWAYS required at the pool or beach.  As happy as my milk duds were to see the sights, I still want the platters flatter!!
Hey Willie & Kate... I Tea Now!
I just read in Men's Heath magazine about how good green-tea extract is for boosting weight loss (small but significant).  I asked Dr. Savic what was better; the extract or drinking green tea? She said it was better to drink the tea.  For every bit of my adult life I have been a coffee drinker and I'm very particular about what I drink.  It's french vanilla with creamer & Splenda and I bet I drink a pot everyday.  Until now I've only had 2 kinds of tea... Iced and Long Island (the later is probably most responsible for many enormous 'bar time' breakfasts).  I have always associated tea with the Brits and Knitters.  I don't knit so... "Willie & Kate, I'll bring my own.  See ya at the palace!  The tea I bought is FANTASTIC!!  Lipton's Green Tea with Purple Acai and Blueberry.
Anybody Need A Drink?
I like cocktails!  Here's one you should try:
Black Cherry Kool Aid (made with Splenda)
Vodka

Doc says vodka needs to be my drink, and I've been a Capt. Morgan drinker for years.  I don't have a lot a vodka cocktail making experience...do you have a recipe?  Please post in comments
Family Description
Just wanted to share something my 5yr. old daughter said the other day.  Someone asked her if she wanted a "small, medium or large", she turned to me and said; "that's me, mommy & you... small, medium and large."  Then she giggled, then I bought her the large.  That was a small price to pay for the sound of her laugh!


And lastly, a new regular blog feature.  Getting through cardio at the end of a good workout can be really tough, but a good song can really put wind at your back (or fire in your butt).  At the end of every post I will give you a song YOU MUST ADD to your iPod.  We'll call the feature:
Making Cardio Suck Less!
Saw Maroon 5 last Saturday at Summerfest... these guys can carve a groove in concrete!  
You will start whistling and you won't be able to stop.





4 comments:

  1. love love love the song!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you restricted to clear vodka? If not the sweet tea vodka (Jerimiah Weed is the best) with some lemonade and its like an adult Arnold Palmer

    Otherwise, its kinda girly, but rasperry (or whatever flavor) vodka and sprite is easy and tolerable.

    Good luck with the weight loss! I have struggled a lot too and understand what youre going through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Vodka and diet lemonade. Minute Maid is good but there are a few carbs as opposed to none. It is pretty fabulous however...

    Want something fizzy? There's a Sunkist sparkling diet lemonade. I think that has zero carbs.

    There are also diet cranberry drinks that might be a change of pace if you want something more tart. Not necessarily a cosmo, especially since there are so many blends.

    Diet grapefruit (fresca/pink grapefruit slice) or diet ginger ale work well too. A little splash of OJ is quite good with either.

    -Mix master Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting to realize that just about everything goes with vodka. I tried a bottle of Lipton green tea with citrus flavor and vodka... nice! Keep 'em comin'! Never too many summer cocktails to try!!!

    ReplyDelete